Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minikin 2 Serious Problem !!

Hello Asmodus team,

About 4 months ago I bought a Minikin 2 from an authorized re-seller Urban Vapors at Eugene OR. The device is working perfectly fine till now , however I faced a problem last night, while I was holding the device not pushing the button the device started to fire by itself and became really hot, I couldn't stop it. After the 10 sec it stopped but the device kept on firing I eventually stopped it by removing the batteries. I'm sorry to say this also happen to me twice today, but today after removing the batteries the device stopped working and the screen says "Download mode", I connected it to the computer followed the steps on the website to update it, after updating it says update OK and the screen lags and nothing happen, when I remove the battery and plug it back in the device says "Download mode" again !! .
    I tried to photo shoot the problem but while I was getting my camera the device just stopped working.

Even if the device is going to be fixed I know that this was pretty dangerous I'm afraid that this would keep on happening again and again and I would end up with a problem like an injury, for the company Asmodus and for all of our vape community by the device exploding and giving a bad image to vaping in general.

I hope that you guys would help me get my device fixed and how to deal with this problem.

PS: the device is Authentic as I tested the code and also I've been having a problem where the screen always jam and lag since a month ago.

Best wishes,
    Reda

Instagram reviewer @CrazyInVape

Thank you

Originally posted by RedaAlzaid View Post
    Hello Asmodus team,

About 4 months ago I bought a Minikin 2 from an authorized re-seller Urban Vapors at Eugene OR. The device is working perfectly fine till now , however I faced a problem last night, while I was holding the device not pushing the button the device started to fire by itself and became really hot, I couldn't stop it. After the 10 sec it stopped but the device kept on firing I eventually stopped it by removing the batteries. I'm sorry to say this also happen to me twice today, but today after removing the batteries the device stopped working and the screen says "Download mode", I connected it to the computer followed the steps on the website to update it, after updating it says update OK and the screen lags and nothing happen, when I remove the battery and plug it back in the device says "Download mode" again !! .
    I tried to photo shoot the problem but while I was getting my camera the device just stopped working.

Even if the device is going to be fixed I know that this was pretty dangerous I'm afraid that this would keep on happening again and again and I would end up with a problem like an injury, for the company Asmodus and for all of our vape community by the device exploding and giving a bad image to vaping in general.

I hope that you guys would help me get my device fixed and how to deal with this problem.

PS: the device is Authentic as I tested the code and also I've been having a problem where the screen always jam and lag since a month ago.

Best wishes,
    Reda

Instagram reviewer @CrazyInVape

Thank you
    Self fire usually points in a short circuit to ground scenario. Is this a permanent or a intermittent condition?

Comment

I had the same problem as OP did today! Scared the heck out of me, only solution was for me to pull the batterys for it to stop firing. It looked as though it was firing at the full 180w too since in a matter of seconds juice was gone and cotton was burnt.

The one thing I can add to this is I found I can turn on the mod fine, but once I hit the fire button it just "runs away" and keeps firing at what seems to be 180w. In testing I found I can turn on the mod and leave it on, and at this point the touch screen does not work. No matter how i interact with the touch screen there is no change to anything, and then as soon as I push fire even once it just "runs away" again.

Any response on this from Asmodus would be awesome, but I am going to my local where I picked it up to speak with them today about it too.

Comment

Originally posted by hogie View Post
        I had the same problem as OP did today! Scared the heck out of me, only solution was for me to pull the batterys for it to stop firing. It looked as though it was firing at the full 180w too since in a matter of seconds juice was gone and cotton was burnt.

The one thing I can add to this is I found I can turn on the mod fine, but once I hit the fire button it just "runs away" and keeps firing at what seems to be 180w. In testing I found I can turn on the mod and leave it on, and at this point the touch screen does not work. No matter how i interact with the touch screen there is no change to anything, and then as soon as I push fire even once it just "runs away" again.

Any response on this from Asmodus would be awesome, but I am going to my local where I picked it up to speak with them today about it too.
        As I mentioned before:"Self fire usually points in a short circuit to ground scenario. Is this a permanent or a intermittent condition?"

If liquid got into the Device....that can causes it.
        If the Micro Switch is bad or stuck.... that can causes that to.

If you don't get positive results at your local store please email Asmodus and attach the link to this thread...saves you time

support@asmodus.com

Comment

Working...
        X